Monday, September 24, 2012

Summer came and went!

ha! ha. I am a major slacker. But oh well! I think I'm just going to accept that that's how I am with blogging, and then hopefully I can kick it into gear eventually with updating more often.

Well... lot's has happened since I wrote last of course. We spent a BEAUTIFUL summer in Lethbridge. It was the first summer I've actually been here for! Not as warm as a Utah summer, but it was still enjoyable (minus the wind).

As I wrote in my previous post Blake and I decided to stay for the summer so we could play. Little did we know that P-L-A-Y would turn into "get-a-career-and-change-the-direction-of-your-lives-completely." I will write more about that later! :)

At the beginning of June we were able to go to the Calgary Zoo with Blake's family! It was the first time I had been, but it's what Blake's family has done for years to celebrate his brother and mom's birthdays! And since I've been in the family and we're all three days apart birthday wise, that's what we do to celebrate all of our birthdays! But the past few summers Blake and I have been gone, so we haven't been able to go. And I just LOVE animals. Any shape, size, or form! (Okay, that's a lie, I can't STAND monkeys. I really, really, don't like them. But they're really the only exception).  There is this new penguin exhibit where you seriously can get right up next to the penguins swimming around in the water. I was in absolute heaven! Love me some penguins! It was supposed to rain that day,  but luckily there was only about 10 minutes where it rained, and the rest of the day was beautiful!  Another crazy, exciting part of the zoo was that all of Blake's sisters each had their BF there! We got a taste of what it's going to be like when we're all married off. It's going to be CRAZY! But fun! It's probably been that way (EACH having their bf there) since about last fall! So family stuff has been busy, busy, busy. You don't realize how much a family can double until...it does! haha! We went out to eat at this place called Peter's Drive Thru(? I'm not sure if that's what it is actually called) afterwards. Really good burgers and shakes! Although Blake, his dad and me had a really..LONG wait for our shakes. Long meaning as..an hour wait! Note to self: Just get your shake WITH your burger when you order, don't order it separately AFTER you've eaten the burger.  Makes for a good story at least right?!

At the end of June I was able to take a week off from work and go down to visit my family! That was also a nice change from the usual summer was being able to visit them. Everyone is doing good! My nephew is growing up so much! He talks a ton now, so it's fun to be able to communicate with him. He absolutely LOVES Larz. Some of his quotes: "He's such a sweet dog! He is just so sweet."  "Yarz, you're tute!" "Where's Yarz!?" It's so fun to see them play together. While we were down there, we were able to have a reunion on my mom's side at my grandparents! So we went to their place and had a Bbq and just caught up with everyone! I love going to my grandparents. They have an amazing place. Beautiful, Beautiful land! Every time I go back home I really appreciate and am so grateful for the time that I get to spend with my grandparents. That has been one of the hardest things of living so far away from home, is being so far away from them.

So as soon as we got back from Utah, we had a TON of packing to do. We had to be out of the place we were in by July 1st! And I still had to work. So we only had about 5 days to get out and packed. And at that point we still hadn't even found a place to live for 2 short months! The plan was to just commute from Blake's parents place which is about an hour and 20 minutes away! I was NOT looking forward to that. So everyday I was checking online HOPING there would be something that would 1. allow dogs 2. short term and 3. wouldn't make us go completely broke! Well, we found a PERFECT basement suite. We are really so, so blessed and looked out for. So that weekend we were able to move our stuff in. Blake did most of that and I'm so so grateful for him and his hard work! Because I still had to work all I could do was clean and pack once I got home and before I left to work each day. So when it came down to getting EVERYTHING out, he did it all. I love him. Not to mention this basement suite was on the WEST side, so that was a LOT of trips and unloading and loading. I don't know what I'd do without him. Also, he had quite the ordeal when he got over there the keys they gave us wouldn't work, so he had to get a hold of them, and they had to get a hold of their friend that had other keys. Basically we got moved in by like 2 that morning. Larz made his real first doggy friend at that place. They had a lab/rottweiler mix. And I swear she is the only dog that will play with larz. She was awesome. Larz loved it. Lot's of play time with her. She definitely would put him in his place, which is really needed.

The next morning we went out to Blake's parents, it was July 1st weekend so their little town does a little celebration BBQ at a local park over there. We more so got there in the afternoon because we wanted/needed to sleep in after the night we had! So unfortunately we missed the parade. But we were still able to enjoy some really good food AND company. Two of Blake's sisters are dating brothers, so we get together with their family a lot. We love them. And they were also at the BBQ.

After that we just went back to the house and spent good old quality time with each other talking, which is always nice because now that I'm working it's not often that we get out there anymore, and since two of Blake's sisters live about 6 hours north it's always nice to see them as well!

That was pretty much our summer. Because that day... that was the day that has changed a Lot of things in Blake's and mines life. And since this blog post is already long enough, I will have to make a SPECIAL special post to talk about that. Later. :)

ALSO...note...I know that SOUNDS like that may be LEADING to a pregnancy announcement but that is DEFINITELY not the case. Just to clarify. I know that many people may have their hopes up about that! ;)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Blog post! Lol!! p.s. I love the clarification on the pregnancy issue! ;)

    ReplyDelete