Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Exciting News!

Well. I have two things I want to tell you all. It's very exciting for our little family.

1. I am now a new employee at London Drugs! I am a Cashier! I had the interview friday, got hired that day, and had training on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. It all went fairly well! I was a little overwhelmed at first, but I am SUPER excited to be working, especially for a company where everyone is super nice and fun to be around! My first shift is on Wednesday!

2. Meet the Newest member of our family. Lars. The french bulldog. Yes. A dream come true!!


So. Let me tell you how this all went down. Blake and I have been wanting to get a puppy since we've been married. We threw around the idea all the time, and we desperately wanted a French Bulldog. I have written a blog post about them before. I am in love with them. If you want to be entertained for a good couple of hours go to Youtube and type in french bull dog anything. They are ADORABLE. and SO playful. Their breed is known to be the "clown" breed. They are so goofy! And they have the best personalities. Blake and I have researched them, and we just knew they were the right dog for us. No only do they have the cutest ears and face and stoutest little body you've ever seen, they are not high maintenance and just love to goof around and will love you with all their heart.

So anyways. I was always on kijiji, hoping to see puppies available. I've only seen french bulldog puppies about once, and they are a VERY pricey dog. about 2,000 to 2,400. So.. yes, this was to remain a dream for us. With a big sigh, I look at their pictures, adore them, and then move on. We also would search shelters to see if there was ever any there but there was never any.

Well. Friday, after my interview we decided to go to the pet store that was right next to London Drugs. I go to a pet store whenever we can. We have a routine we do whenever we go to a pet store. Fish, creepy crawlies, reptiles and THEN rodents, birds, and puppies. So we made the rounds. I turn the corner, and this glass case is exactly my height, and all i see...are these HUGE bat ears... I just stared..and then i focussed...and my jaw dropped and I squealed and covered my mouth with my hand. Yes, there they were right in front of me. Two ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE. French Bulldogs. Blake was also in Aw. And we thought they were cute in pictures and youtube videos...in person...its not even comparable.

So, there was a male and female. We begin to play with one of them, the other one was sleeping. And it took us a few minutes to figure out which one was playing with us and it happened to be the female. Blake and I have always wanted a male dog, just because of their demeanor and what not. Don't get me wrong a female would be great, but we just had hope for a male. So after a while the female just starts jumping all over her brother and he wakes up. He looked TERRIFIED. And we absolutely loved the females personality. A worker came up to us and asked if we would like to get one out and hold them. ABSOLUTELY we did!!! I was beyond giddy. THERE I WAS ...a french bulldog puppy in my arms, kisses galore, seriously, cloude nine. She was adorable!! The work then asked us if we'd like to go with her to the play pen ( a little area in the back where you can go and play with the pup with toys and what not. So we did, she was running all ove rthe place grabbing every toy she could, chewing on my boots, blakes sweater. SOO hyperactive and adorable. Sliding all over the place. French Bulldogs are top heavy so they dont have the best balance at this age, so she was tripping over herself quite a bit. We were in love.

Well, we couldn't leave her brother out now could we?! So the worker went and got him as well and he was still terrfied, very concerned about everything and shy. Cute, but we wanted more playful. We continued to play and he started to get more active, running around bitting toys being adorable. Okay..Blake and I were sooo torn. How could we pass them up?? Not only just one..but how could we not take the OTHER?! That wasn't even a question, we couldn't take both. Also, I have to mention their coloring was everything we had wanted. Brindle. We love brindle coloring, for those of you that dont know what that is , its kind of a tigerish stripey look with dark brown and a lighter brown. Not only that though, they both had this adorable white strip down their chest! ahhh!!

Blake and I sat in that pin for probably an hour, back and forth, back and forth. We can, we can't , we SHOULD, we shouldn't... WE HAVE TO!!!! But how could we pick which one?! The females coloring was more vibrant, but she began to get a little too agressive with biting and what not. And she was quite a bit skinnier then the male. His body structure was MUCH more sturdy which is something i really really wanted in a french bulldog if we were to ever get one. Well, he warmed up to us and we fell in LOVE. We couldn't leave him. We had to have him. He. was. OURS.

But before we could decide anything we asked about the process of buying him etc, would we have to put all the money down or could it be at a later date. We found out we could put a deposit on him if we wanted, for half the price. So earlier I mentioned French Bulldogs are VERY expensive for a dog. Well, this price for PURE BRED french bulldogs... was AMAZING. It was quite a bit lower then what they usually go for. So how could we pass this up? How could we NOT get him...without regretting our decision. It was a lot of money. Neither Blake and I had been working for a while..but I got a job, with decent pay and decent hours. We could do this. We did it. We put a deposit down, and planned to pick him up monday.

EEEEEE!!!! We left, and we couldn't believe we were doing this. We are going to have a puppy. The whole drive home I was on top of the world. We both were. We couldn't wait to see him again!!! Well.. I got a phonecall shortly after asking if I could do my work training for hte next three days! I quickly agreed. And then I remembered...Monday we're supposed to pick up Lars!! Also..you better believe Blake and I have had that named picked out since we ever even thought of getting a french bulldog. It's just so perfect. So anyways... Blake had school and I had training all day.. So blake would be picking him up by himself!


What were we to do?! I would NOT allow him to be picking up Lars by himself, and shopping for all the necessities by himself. No. Way. Ahhh!! So... Saturday? No. Training. Sunday. Nope. Can't pay for him then. We then both knew what we had to do...we had to go back..and get him THAT day.

So we did. Probably only an hour after, we were back. And the worker said she knew we would be back. (Was it that obvious how in love with him we were??) So we went shopping, we got an awesome discount on everything we needed, food, bed, toys etc. And then as we were ready to leave, we finally got our puppy. He was TERRFIED. I can only imagine what it must've been like for him, leaving his sister, coming out of a quiet glass case, into the real NOISY world. With many scary big objects. His claws were digging into us. The whole ride home, he was shaking. I felt so guilty.

Anyways, he is WELL adjusted, he is still pretty shy with certain things but we couldn't be happier with our decision. We love him so much, and he is our precious larsy boy. He is sooo smart. He is picking up on potty training so quickly, and he has already found his voice, he wouldnt make a squeak when we first got him. But now, after a few days, he is not afraid to use his little squeaker! Its soo cute!

Anyways. That's our big news, and I will continue to update on everything! I hope he doesn't grow up too fast! :)

1 comment:

  1. Larz is the most adorable puppy I've ever seen!! Also, I didn't know you were still blogging until you commented on mine!! (sad...) But now I am following you! Love ya, Missy! :)

    ReplyDelete